Monday, January 12, 2015

2015

I've intended writing much more, but failed in the busyness of the season. NaNoWriMo which I need to finish reading (and writing someday); Christmas; Maryland visit; engagement; exhaustion; funeral; friends - everything. I remember telling someone over summer that life might cool down and settle once fall arrived, but relationship is a whirlwind of life and excitement and busyness that has led into endless summer activity through autumn and into winter. I'm reading less, writing less, playing guitar less, and seeing more people more often.
But I'm excited. 2015 is looking to be an incredible year, and perhaps just a mite fantastic. Perhaps soon I'll get to writing more.

I finished ~51k words for NaNo and though it has more that needs fixing than I should keep, I actually think I enjoy portions of this novel. More than anything, it requires character and embellishment - it's so difficult writing meticulously in such a short period of time with so many other life-requirements. I'm not a good first-time writer. It takes me so long to write anything worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment