Monday, June 17, 2013

Somnium Caelum

Lift into skies open wide
Bright as soft blue eyes
Gentle, gently
Muse my music on the other side
passive, patient
stomach tied in stiff butterflies
frozen wings, take me
gliding into gazes lost at night
ticking time until taxi
surprise, then, and pearly smiles
arms and love embrace me.


Finity strikes the hour gently, beginning of an end begun. Chrysophrase and sardonyx, chalcedony and amethyst, gates arrayed as mirrors of an eternal splendor. I dream of eternity, and it pains my mind. Was man meant for such? The trappings too fantastic, the infinite too pronounced for conscious evaluation. Nausea strikes me as I analyze the infinite. Like staring into the milky way, hypnotized in frosty swirls. We are not at center, no, but at the outskirts of the endless, with forever to go.

I stare upon the horizon and see only clouds of charred popcorn, thunderous and vengeful.  They approach. And I am, with faith, the stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment