Monday, September 2, 2013

A day in the hills

I climbed my little mount yesterday, and meandered through the hills. I took a few lousy pictures. Turns out, I may be the lousiest photographer. I also completely forgot my pen, so I could not make any sketches or write any stories. Maybe I'll climb again Wednesday, weather permitting.
Even if these are not the best of pictures, it was the most beautiful of days (even with a grey-ish haze to the sky that made it, at times, more faded than blue)

The birds that stole my sandwich when I recently went were not as prevalent.  The chipmunks, however, were out in force. Nearing the top, it was readily apparent that the plants thrived on short seasons, and the trees were all stinted pines, though near the top, there were actually a surprising amount of mountain raspberries. I saw no mountain blue jays, and only a few camp robbers (grey jays) on the mountain top.








No comments:

Post a Comment