Thursday, November 14, 2013

Belfry

Some nights are most poignant from the belfry
the tattered bat-wing clouds flap
over the blood-thirsty moon
hearts are swallowed,
pulled out by such a moon
I thought the sky protected me
gazing up so reverently
but this is darkness, and midnight
here is desperate, you notice
with sugar sweet starry lies
even the night cannot hide
hope in its many folds and faces

clearly, i see clearest, with my face lodged in the mud. If my heart sees and my soul beats, and my eyes simply be, though wallowing - perhaps finally this is where faith takes seed. Ask, and I will pray. Ask again, and I will answer your questions, give you directions, and wish you well on your way. Ask again, and I will join you, forever and a day, always.


uhohhhhhhh.... I think I'm addicted to italics....

No comments:

Post a Comment