Saturday, December 28, 2013

Fever dreams and other fever things

Whenever I try and sleep, I'm getting fever dreams. My mother and I watched Oz (the relatively recent movie), and I tried resting immediately following the movie and woke up every couple of minutes with frustrating dreams. There were a bunch of braziers ablaze around me, and circles of light rose around them like smoke rings.
For whatever reason, this meant that the evil witch would return, and realize the wizard's farce.  I couldn't get the images out of my head, and I couldn't sleep. My fever raised from 101 to 103 in the past 24 hours, and I'm getting increasingly tired. After taking medicine (I haven't taken medicine in years), my fever dropped to a more reasonable 102, and my eyelids no longer felt like fire.
I need this sleep...

I'd hoped to drive back tomorrow, but it looks like I'm stuck here until I can sit upright long enough to drive home. It's strange, but I don't actually feel that terrible. My throat is only the barest bit scratchy, I can breathe mostly (low congestion, low lung tightness), no headache, no stomach ache. I have chills that make keeping warm (or cool) miserable, as I'm constantly sweating in and out of blankets and clothes, I have spaghetti limbs, I have an occasional wet cough, and when I stare at screens my eyes split (this is common when I'm sick or very tired because I'm half near-sighted, half normal-vision)
So I'm a bit miserable, but not in undue pain and, when I'm not sweating my way out of sheets and clothing, I'm relatively comfortable lying down with a mug of tea.
I just need to get better so I can go to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment