Friday, December 20, 2013

Journeys

The police were out in force tonight, though whoever was speeding tonight probably deserved a "reckless driving" notation as well. The clouds were so heavy they fell until they hovered over the road, perpetuating a mist that soaked the roads and car windshields not in heavy droplets, but foggy condensation, like poorly insulated windows in the morning. I was told to watch out for invisible pockets of ice, but I didn't see any, though I was excited to find snow once I reached the hills ascending towards my family's house.
Snow. Maybe I'll get a white Christmas after all.
My week is looking to be more hectic than I originally suspected, being that Christmas is on a Wednesday this year. Strangely enough, that makes things incredibly complicated with work scheduling and figuring out travel times. But it's good to be home, with the hillside outside slumped like shoulders under a thin comforter of snow, and the trees are carrying their own white paint on their green brushes. Merry Christmas, everyone, and safe travels.

*reminders to self -
1. scales, buildings, nature, skein
2. judgment, beyond reproach (murderer, once murderer, raskolnikov)
3. galatians
4. that sickness unto dying


No comments:

Post a Comment