Saturday, January 18, 2014

Genesis

With just two words, I dreamed. Stopless wind – Jorie Graham, how clever you are, and how artful your musings.  How are my own words so impotent, tiny in comparison?
Every now and again, an internal fever clutches at this gut, turning it once and again upon itself. I don’t know what it is, wanderlust?  It’s a drifting: buoyed up without an ocean, like a helium balloon that’s reached the zenith of flight, where the air is lighter, emptier, and cold crawls the spine.
Am I a star, staring down distantly at tiny humanity – ah, until the moon sidles in front of me and blinds my sight. Even so far, this exhausts me, the more for the daunting mess of my immobility. The greater the cloud of witnesses, the more silent this soul.
the first trees before seeds, grasses, and leaves
(was it green, the virgin earth?)
I gaze upon the lounging, white-beard god
reaching the sharp-nailed finger down to trace shapes in the sand
some noumenon exist in only dreams, I think
until Eve wrestles free from a dusty, drowsy man
(was there loneliness afore the sin, in paradiso?)
lost, frightfully lost amidst
Autumn, Eden’s final season, and a golden road
paved in a burning scimitar of leaves
how petty Cain, you are,
would that you’d seen eden
instead he killed for he was able

 ....
tbc


g-juni; lightheaded; inhibition; noumenos; not what I have not, but what with what I do; poirot

No comments:

Post a Comment