Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year

Happy New Year.
This flu is stopping me in my tracks, making it increasingly difficult to do anything. But it can't stop me forever - I won't let it - and I'm already struggling to stamp the fire of this infection out and leave it with the ashes of the year past and the wind of memories. Right now, however, I feel like tiny someone's are setting off New Year's fireworks in my lungs, and they occasionally allow the fires to spread through the rest of my body. It's a cold coal miracle... the ember glows as the frozen nose of Rudolph, searing my everything with ice.

As I drove to Oregon today, I thought of an interesting piece to write on apologetics that I don't want to forget, though I cannot write it now. In fact, I'm long overdue for some sleep, even if I'm a bit too feverish for any actual sleeping yet. Hopefully tonight I can get some sleep, because I know I'll need it. Until such time as I receive it, though, I'll pray for:
AS: travel
B: father sick
M: Engaged! Whatt!
JS: sick, getting sicker?
P: sick, work after hiatus
P: new job!
S: ugly wisdom teeth removal
S: getting ill
T: sick
?: Distant friends

Hopefully, I'll be better prepared to write and think tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment