Monday, July 7, 2014

I'll love you always

How can you say, “I’ll love you always,” without crying? What instance of life must such words be used, with what persuasion, that tears are not implied? And the floodwaters rise, tonight, as I whisper these goodbyes. I’ll love you always.
Is someone dying, or leaving for a distant place, or hurting in unfathomable ways? I’ll love you always.
Is someone furious and threatening departure, or foreign to such words and ways, or depressed? I’ll love you always.
These are the words of Christ, dying for us, the words of Stephen as he’s stoned, the words of the father stolen away from his son, or the boy going to war, or friends setting sail for the new world, or two friends estranged by the beliefs of their fathers, or the tragic tale of two lovers in warring factions – I’ll love you always.

And these are the words on my life, as friends never forgotten set their weary feet upon far-reaching trails and step away, into the horizon, into the rising sun, into the wandering deserts and a promised land – I’ll love you always.

http://benjaminwblog.com/2014/07/ill-love-you-always/

No comments:

Post a Comment