Friday, October 4, 2013

Icarus

This is your fault. Can you expect me to pine after you when we never met? No, foolish... You've stirred the waters, and I no longer see my reflection. But when the mud settles, again I'll see this face, again I'll ask all the painful questions. Did you save me. hurt me, ask me bitter questions, salt my open wounds? I'm invincible, invincible in my isolation. Not your fault, not mine. But I've realized the rivers eternal only slide though and past me, and I cannot alter the course.

So, goodbye, goodbye, fly free, in the chrysalis I built for me.
And when your butterflying high, I'll watch my love soar free and die.
Icarus, your sin is mine.
I flew in pride too high, too high, and the sun I loved set my wings afire,
chastised do I fall.






No comments:

Post a Comment