Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend in Bend

I'm not particularly a fan of purchasing things. The only thing worse than buying things, is buying things for myself. Unfortunately, I dropped my laptop this weekend. It was almost 4 years in living, and,well, I'm sad it's gone, but things happen. I went to Bend, Oregon this weekend, and it was beautiful.


Fall flowers blooming on trees
in shapes of leaves, falling
Penciled shadows pantomime
a skyline, a mountain, the shadow lines
of a forest ash-white, ember scathed
rigid peaks are fossils of fire forgot
toothsome and proud,
a looming, jagged shark's maw
open onto plains of juniper,
sagebrush greens and desert browns
sisters sinister three, grinning dang'rously

I'm super exhausted. I broke my laptop, played board games all weekend with marvelous guys, ate too many silly, salty snacks, slept less than ten hours (it doesn't help when everyone goes to bed at 3 and you wake at 7. Or earlier), drove into the mountains and out, and probably will not have the opportunity to see A this weekend as hoped. On top of that, J and S got engaged (hooray!), NaNoWriMo approaches, tomorrow is work without a lappy. The ice is thin heading into this week, as a turbulence of emotions patters my emotional shields in devastating volleys. But it's a good sort of emotional barrage.

Oh, how my fight fails me now. I've run on endorphins long enough, and my hope-adrenaline drops like a rock from heaven, burning and crashing its way towards a salty ocean. Hopefully someone gets a wish out of this, if not me.

2 comments: