Thursday, October 3, 2013

Regression

I was having a similar experience as yesterday until the just this evening: so many hurting friends, and nothing I seem capable of doing that helps. I'm going to steal his words, and hope he'll forgive me, for he succinctly stated what was stampeding across my feelings yesterday:
To those of you in pain and darkness (you know who you are), I just wanted to remind you of my love and care for you. If I could, I'd take us all away to some island with fresh fruit and clean waters where it is always sunny, and we could all rest and recover. For now, just remember that you are not alone.
~CB

Yesterday, I dreamed of a regression of time, where each of those I loved was losing years, dragged backwards in lifespan. I've never studied dream interpretations myself, though I find them an interesting insight into our psyche. Often times, we encode cultural symbology into our subconscious, and our dreams dredge them up in fascinating ways. What could regression of time mean? Often times it entails a pulling back, a retreating into self and a new start. It is like a self-autumn and winter, a crinkling, collapsing, dying, and hopeful rebirth - a metamorphosis.  I'm collapsing into myself like a caterpillar, praying that my next instance, I gain some wings.
The idea with the theme of regression is this concept of losing the current, losing the present and future. It's as if everything and everyone is leaving you behind, and you regress into yourself in a defensive gesture, and prepare for blooming a second time.

Spider imagery tends to indicate danger and manipulation. I'm not certain what my self-conscious implies here, but I suspect I wouldn't explain it if I knew.

The incorrect labels. I believe this is subconscious indication that I am looking at things incorrectly, that my perception of details in some aspects is wrong. The fact that the labels were placed there by opposing forces, invasive forces, indicates that I feel manipulated or deceived in some fashion. Also, the fact that I understand that these labels, stickers, signs on the trees are misguiding me represents that, maybe, I've always known they were incorrect, but allowed myself to be swayed. Interesting. Not a dream telling of my greatest days.

Garden themes: I had to look this one up, and I did look up the other ones as well because I find the study of dreams interesting, if sometimes suspicious. I sometimes despise such easy entries into my psyche. But here I am, prying these thoughts open and dissecting and classifying each one, giving my subconscious an identity. For garden, contains a sense of diligence. It's a dream and an actuation of belief, a realization of faith. The garden in my dreams was not defined, and could also imply a continued effort, a need to continue in care-taking, weeding, nurturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment